The Costa Blanca is one of the most visited areas in Europe and if you want to have a quiet beach holiday in the summer, then this isn’t the place for you to visit. If you are looking for a holiday which is full of life and people, then you should be looking at the top five Costa Blanca Resorts for your vacation.
1. Alicante is the capital of the Province of Alicante. It is a sea port and many cruise ships stop here. You will find places here to suit all age groups. It is a great place to watch people from the cafes around the harbour area.
2. Gandia is south of Valencia and in the main city you will find the home of the Borja dynasty. 4 Km away you have the costal place of Playa de Gandia which has a broad beach. You will find that a lot of Spaniards take their vacations here.
3. Denia is sometimes said to be a fairly dull town but it more than makes up for it with some great, sandy beaches to the north. The beaches in the south are rockier but they have some wonderful coves. This is the place where you can take a short crossing to the Balearic Islands.
4. Xabia/Javea is not a place where there are many locals. You will find it to be a very laid-back city; especially if you arrive before the crowds descend for their vacations.
5. Benidorm attracts around 5 million visitors each year and many of them are British. It was in the 60’s that Benidorm became a hotbed for tourists who wanted to get away to warmer places. There is something here for all ages, but in summer, the majority of visitors are young people and some of them have given Benidorm a bad reputation. In the wintertime, you get a lot of older people who want to escape the cold weather of home. Here you will also find Spain’s answer to Disneyland. If you have children with you then a trip to Terra Mitica is a must.
Most of the people who head for Costa Blanca for their vacations are looking for a beach holiday but there are many places inland which will appeal to those who don’t want to spend their days on the beach.