Gone are the days when hotels in Madrid were boring a new range of hotels have now been opened in the city. You will find buildings from modern to traditional and the inside of the hotel reflects the outside building.
There are many hotels for those on a budget since there are many new hotels which can accommodate them. Some of the mid-range hotels have taken historic buildings; as well as modern buildings. And for the tourists who are not looking at cost as a factor, you will find some superb hotels which were previously palaces.
Some budget hotels for you to consider:-
1. Los Amigos Backpackers’ Hostel is the place to head for if you want company. This hostel is full of students and you will share dorm-rooms with them. The staff speaks English which is useful if you don’t speak Spanish.
2. Hostal Orly is a 19th Century building and it has great views. For the best view, try to get Room 11.
3. Hotel Macarena is near the Plaza Mayor. The rooms are clean, spacious and well-decorated.
Some mid-range hotels for you to consider:-
1. Hotel Senator has one room on each floor which doesn’t face the street. The views down the Grand Via are excellent from the corner rooms. Each room has wi-fi access if you need to access the internet from your room.
2. Hotel Plaza Mayor is just across from the Plaza Mayor. The building is 150 years old and the staff is very helpful at this hotel. If you have an attic room you will have a little terrace with wonderful views across central Madrid.
3. Hotel Meninas is the place to stay if you want minimalist luxury. You will have flat screen televisions, internet access and some rooms even have a laptop computer.
One the best hotels that has opened in recent years is the Petit Palace Posada del Peine. It is located just 50m from the Plaza Mayor. The building is an older building which has a great location. Even though the hotel building is historic, you will find a very modern interior. The rooms are spacious and the staff and service are exceptional.
When looking for a place to stay in Madrid you have the cheapest hostel which is perfect for backpackers, to the most luxurious hotel which is perfect for a couple celebrating a special occasion.